It’s officially summer here at The Domain! Be sure to check your calendars for the experiences planned this month. If you have any ideas for events you might like, please let your Community Assistant know.
— Your Domain Staff
Do you have any questions about something in your apartment? For questions on utility overages, please call Conservice at (866) 254-4577. When adjusting your thermostat, make sure your fan is on the auto position; this will help reduce your utilities. You can push the hold button on your thermostat to keep the temperature constant. If something is broken, please feel free to contact us. Maintenance requests can be submitted online through your resident portal at http://studentlivingcolumbia.com/thedomainatcolumbia/residents. Please provide as much detail as possible to assist our maintenance techs in completing your work order as quickly as they can.
Reminders & Updates
Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call Signal 88 for emergencies only! Just call (573) 214-2323, follow the prompt, and click for the courtesy officer.
If you are staying in town for summer, remember to check out our 24-hour gym, Fitness On Demand, movie theater, and game room!
Don’t dread the move — we still have spaces available for the 2017–18 year! Call the office today to find out current rates and information about renewing your lease for next year.
We’re glad that everyone is excited for the semester to end and looking forward to the summer! Here are some rules to keep in mind so we can keep our pool open all summer:
- You must have your ORANGE resident pass with you. If you lost yours, please come to the front desk to get a replacement.
- You are allowed two guests; please make sure they are with you at all times.
- You can’t prop open the gate at the pool; this prevents overcrowding.
- You can’t have glass in the pool area; the City of Columbia will shut the pool down if they see any.
- You can’t have pets in the pool area; the city will shut the pool down if they see any pets.
- You can’t have speakers/amps in the pool area; please be respectful of the people living around the pool.
- You can’t smoke in the pool area; the city will shut the pool down.
- Shoes must be worn inside the clubhouse to prevent slip hazards.
Summer Like a Local
Whether you’re going home or staying put for the summer, take advantage of all our community has to offer! Summers can be a great chance to enjoy the area in some new and different ways. With the hectic pace of school, many students miss out on opportunities to get involved and have fun in their local community during the academic year — it’s time to change that! From festivals to parks and local attractions, below are some ways you can summer like a local. As a bonus, most of them are either free or very affordable!
- Do something touristy
- Visit a farmers market
- Check out a local sporting event
- Visit your Chamber of Commerce website to find out about local attractions
- Find a calendar of nearby fairs and festivals
- Enjoy Fourth of July festivities and fireworks
- Hike or bike a nearby trail
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Have a picnic
- Go to an outdoor movie or concert
- Run or walk a local 5K
We’ll also be planning events and activities for you throughout the summer, and if you need ideas for other fun things to do in the area, please let us know. We have information on area resources and a local calendar of events on hand to give you plenty of options. Have a memorable and fun summer!
Tie-Dye Tuesday — Tuesday, June 13 from 2–3 p.m. — Tie-dye is a summer necessity! Join us in the clubhouse to make tie-dye creations. Tie-dye and shirts will be provided, but feel free to bring any articles of clothing you are dying to tie-dye!
Volleyball Tourney — Wednesday, June 14 from noon–2 p.m. — Come enjoy the weather and win a prize in our three-person tournament at the sand volleyball court. The winning team will get a $100 Walmart gift card.
National Ice Cream Soda Day — Tuesday, June 20 from 4–6 p.m. — Come out to the cyber cafe to take part in this wonderful national holiday! Join us and create your own ice cream soda. Don’t miss out on this chance to get a sweet treat!
Pool Party — Thursday, June 22 from 8–10 p.m. — Join us after the office closes for a fun night pool party. We’ll have glow sticks in the pool to light it up and free food for all of our residents! Hope to see you there!