We hope that you’re all ready for the end of summer. Make sure to stay cool, safe, and enjoy the break from school!
Do you have any questions about something in your apartment? For questions on utility overages, please call Conservice at (866) 254-4577. When adjusting your thermostat, make sure your fan is on the auto position; this will help reduce your utilities. You can push the hold button on your thermostat to keep the temperature constant. If something is broken, please feel free to contact us. Maintenance requests can be submitted online through your resident portal at http://studentlivingcolumbia.com/thedomainatcolumbia/residents. Please provide as much detail as possible to assist our maintenance techs in completing your work order as quickly as they can.
Reminders & Updates
Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call Signal 88 for emergencies only! Just call (573) 214-2323, follow the prompt, and click for the courtesy officer.
Having internet or cable troubles? Call Airwave Networks at (877) 778-9283 to set up an appointment with one of their great technicians.
Don’t dread the move — we still have spaces available for the 2017–18 year! Call the office today to find out current rates and information about renewing your lease for next year.
If you are unfortunately leaving us, we hope you’ve enjoyed your stay and appreciate you choosing The Domain at Columbia as your home. The move-out date is July 31, 2017 no later than 11 a.m.
Should you move out on your scheduled day or at an earlier date, we have simplified the process with our Express Check-Out. Come by; pick up an Express Check-Out envelope; complete the requested information on the front; place all your keys, resident pass, and parking pass (if applicable) in the envelope; and just drop it off with a Community Assistant in the office.
If it’s after hours, you can leave it in the night dropbox located outside the leasing office to the left of the business center. You must be completely out of your unit before completing the Express Check-Out as you will not be able to return to the unit afterward.
Be sure to check your calendars for the experiences planned this month! If you have any ideas for events you might like, please let your Community Assistant know.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Home Run Derby Contest — Monday, July 10 from 7–9 p.m. — Come watch the 2017 MLB All-Star Home Run Derby in our theater room! The resident that correctly predicts the player that wins the Home Run Derby, and whose guess of HRs is closest, will win a gift card to Break Time!
Taco Tuesday — Tuesday, July 11 from 4–6 p.m. — Come over to the clubhouse for an awesome taco-filled Open House. Grab some walking tacos, take a tour of the property, and find out how to get one of our newest tanks. We hope to see you there!
Soft Pretzel Bar — Friday, July 21 from noon–2 p.m. — We’ll be serving soft pretzels with cheese and cinnamon sugar butter while watching the Cardinals/Cubs game! Join us in the clubhouse for this sweet treat!