It’s starting to get warmer outside, and we couldn’t be any happier. Warmer weather means more outdoor events for you! We have some exciting events coming up this month and can’t wait for you to be part of them. Come to the office during the first week of March to complete a Basketball Bracket for your chance to win a gift card! We’ll also be hosting a lunch-and-learn event on life skills. Our other events include a waffle bar, a shamrock hunt, and more! As always, we’ll be delivering birthday cookies to our residents with March birthdays in the middle of the month. Remember to check your email and stay up to date on our social media so you don’t miss important updates about upcoming events.
Reminders & Updates
- Join our Relay For Life Team! Simply search for “Grayson Cottages” on the Relay For Life home page and help us reach our goal of $1,000!
- Pardon our dust! We’re working hard to make improvements to our clubhouse for YOU. We’ll keep you updated on the status of the study center and coffee bar via email. We are incredibly excited for all of our renovations to be completed.
- Please don’t leave your trash out on your porch! You can be charged for doing this, and raccoons and other critters will tear into the bags and leave trash everywhere. A dumpster is located at the back of the property near 1619 for your convenience.
- Our office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m. We will be operating under normal business hours during spring break.
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 4th at 1 p.m. when the office opens. Please call us if you have questions on how to set up recurring payments on your portal.
- Please help us keep our community beautiful! Please pick up your dog’s waste and place it in the proper stations located throughout the property. Failure to do so will result in a fine.
Soft Skills Make a Difference
A positive attitude and the ability to look someone in the eye while giving a firm handshake can truly set two very similar candidates apart in the job process. In this day and age of hiring and recruiting, we’ve been hearing a lot about soft skills, or people skills, when describing a candidate’s interviewing and hiring process. These are the skills that basically allow you to get along and interact with others in a work and social environment. Your ability to evaluate and hone your people skills should be part of your job prep, just as you ensure your resume is clean and typo-free.
An employee should be able to communicate, listen, share ideas, and interact with people (sometimes difficult people) in a way that demonstrates professionalism at all times. During the interview process, while your resume is showing your credentials, you are inherently demonstrating your soft skills. It takes constructive thought to be the person you want to be in the workplace. It doesn’t just happen by chance — it happens via thoughtful awareness, informed actions, and respectful engagements.
The skills of success, such as being adaptable, being positive, having a willingness to assist, and conveying a strong work ethic, are arguably more important than any degree or credential.
For more success tips and resources from Campus Advantage, visit CareerSuccessPortal.com.
Community Events Calendar
Lunch & Learn — Friday, March 2 @ noon — Stop by for Zaxby’s and a life skills class!
Waffle Bar — Monday, March 5 @ 10 a.m. — Join CA Murphy for a full waffle bar!
Netflix & Noodles — Wednesday, March 7 @ 6 p.m. — Stop by the office for a movie night and everyone’s favorite, Noodles & Company.
Shamrock Hunt — Monday, March 12 — We’ll be hiding four lucky shamrocks all over the property. Find a shamrock, bring it to the office, be able to answer the life skills question on the back, and receive a gift card!
St. Patrick’s Day Dinner — Thursday, March 15 @ 6 p.m. — Join us for a traditional St. Patrick’s Day dinner on us!
March Birthday Cookies — Tuesday, March 20 — A Community Assistant will be delivering a sweet treat to residents with March birthdays!
Pizza & Game Night — Wednesday, March 21 @ 6:30 p.m. — Stop by the office to grab a slice of pizza and have a game night with your neighbors
Monday Funday — Monday, March 26 — If you’re still in town take advantage of having a Monday off from school and come play some outdoor games with your neighbors and future neighbors!