It’s the most wonderful time of the year! With finals approaching, it’s hard to think about enjoying time with family and friends until after exams, so we’re going to make this stressful time a little bit easier for you. We have a month full of events to ease those finals blues! During finals week, we’ll be hosting an event each day, so be sure to keep an eye on your email and our social media accounts so you don’t miss out. We’ll have food events, as always, in addition to bingo, trivia night, and holiday-themed events. We hope everyone has a warm, safe holiday!
Reminders & Updates
- Please don’t leave your trash out on your porch! This can result in a fine, and critters will tear into it and leave a mess.
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 4th at 8:30 a.m.
- Please remember to lock your doors, even when you’re home. Use the buddy system when walking at night, and always tell your roommates where you’re going and when you plan to be back.
- Always make sure your car doors are locked, even if you’re just running inside for a few minutes. This can prevent thefts and protect your belongings.
- Don’t forget to follow our social media pages for updates about upcoming events.
Tips to Help You Through Finals Week
The time that you’ve been dreading all semester is here: final exams. This is a very stressful time for everyone, so remember to take a minute just for you.
Studies have shown that when you take one minute just for yourself every 30 minutes, your grades will improve. Cramming has proven not to work because you’re stressed, exhausted, and less likely to absorb everything that you’re trying to learn. Taking a minute just for you will allow you to breathe and reset your mind as you continue to study.
After your minute, make sure to take 10 more minutes to review what you’ve learned, and then 20 more minutes of new information before you take another break.
Just thinking about final exams gets stressful, so make sure to breathe and prepare the right way. Whether you’re writing papers, presenting, or taking an exam, preparation is the best way to get an A.
Here are some professor-approved study tips:
- Drink water, not soda or energy drinks.
- Eat fruits and veggies to give you natural energy.
- Turn your phone off as you study to lessen distractions.
- Find a study partner so you can quiz each other.
- Use the on-campus tutoring centers or peer-led groups.
- Talk to your professors! It shows that you care and are trying to do well.
- Make sure to eat a good breakfast the day of your exam. It truly is the most important meal of the day.
As a member of the Campus Advantage team, we want to do all we can to help you succeed! Make sure to stop by your local front office to see what resources or events they have to help you during this stressful week. We know that all of you are going to do amazing on your final exams!
Community Events Calendar
Birthday Cookies — Wednesday, December 6 — If you have a December birthday, we’ll be delivering a sweet treat to your door!
Ornament Decorating — Friday, December 8 from noon–4 p.m. — Stop by the office to decorate an ornament! We’ll have DIY cement ornaments for your pets’ paws, as well as regular ornaments to decorate. Drinks will be provided.
Grocery/Household Item Bingo — Monday, December 11 @ 6:30 p.m. — Swing by the office for your chance to win grocery/household items by playing everyone’s favorite game, bingo!
Breakfast on the Go — Tuesday, December 12 from 9 a.m.–noon — Stop by the office and grab some breakfast items before you head out to take your final exams!
Holiday Trivia Night — Wednesday, December 13 @ 6:30 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse for Holiday Trivia Night! Come play for your chance to win some awesome prizes!
Dinner on Us — Thursday, December 14 @ 5 p.m. — Take a break from studying and enjoy dinner on us in the clubhouse!
Catered Lunch — Friday, December 15 @ noon — Finish off finals week with a catered lunch! We’ll have lunch in the clubhouse while supplies last.